How will you work with me to help my child who needs additional support from adults at home to access remote education?
We recognise that some pupils, for example some pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home. We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families, and we will work with parents and carers to support those pupils in the following ways:
At Berrywood we will support our pupils with additional needs by:
- Direct questioning where and when appropriate in our live teaching sessions
- Using support and teaching staff to offer additional interventions via live Google meet sessions.
- Providing additional ‘over learning’ tasks and activities on Google Classroom or via paper based packs.
- Additional contact and conversations between staff, who have a good knowledge of working with the pupil and parents/carers.
- For our younger pupils additional concrete resources, manipulatives and work packs/ arts based materials are delivered individually.
- Increased visual representations and video/personalised learning tasks are set, as next steps are identified for our pupils most in need and our youngest pupils.