The following items of clothing are recommended as being suitable and practical for school:
- Grey skirt or pinafore dress (flannel, in either natural or synthetic fibres)
- Grey trousers or shorts (flannel, in either natural or synthetic fibres)
- Yellow polo shirt
- Maroon sweatshirt with yellow school logo
- Yellow/white cotton dress for girls in the summer (optional)
The children should wear suitable shoes for school which do not make it difficult or dangerous for them to take part in certain activities. In the summer term sandals are acceptable when worn with socks.
The following clothes are compulsory for PE and Games:
- Shorts or leotard
- T-shirt or sports top in your child’s house colour (you will find this information in your welcome pack)
- Drawstring PE bag
- Tracksuit to wear in the colder weather
Year 4 and/or Year 5 pupils take part in swimming lessons and will need:
- Swimwear (one-piece costume for girls and trunks not shorts for boys)
School uniform is available from Skoolkit or online at Tesco’s by visiting tesco.com/ues.
Please ensure that every item of clothing or equipment is clearly marked with your child’s name so that all lost property can be returned promptly. Sewn-in labels are more effective than the iron-on variety.
Berrywood Primary School will respect variations to our school uniform if they are directly related to established religious traditions. However, any variation will be dealt with on an individual basis and judgements will remain at the discretion of the Headteacher and the governing body.